Reopening Updates: Make your reservations for Sunday, Aug. 16th. (Refer to details in Health and Safety and the Reopening FAQs.)
Horizon Is Open for In-Person Services on Sundays: 9:15 a.m. & 10:45 a.m.
Horizon is open for in-person services on Sundays. In an effort to provide the best experience for our community while observing social distancing, we will be holding an Equipping Service at 9:15 a.m. and an Exploring Service at 10:45 a.m. at roughly 25% capacity. At each service, you’ll have the option to attend in-person in the Chapel or, if you’d prefer to be outside, sit on the Terrace to watch the service streamed live on a large screen under a 5,000 square-foot open air tent. We are calling this “Church on the Terrace.”
For those who prefer to enjoy church from home, we will continue to make our Equipping and Exploring on-demand video services available at www.horizoncc.com/media and on Horizon’s app every weekend. If you’ve not done so already, you can download our app at Horizon CC in the App Store or Google Play.
At this time, infant through 8th grade programming is not offered. (High school services are offered on Sundays. Scroll down to make reservations.) Therefore, Horizon is offering “Exploring Service Family Edition.” This service will appeal to both adults and kids, infusing fun and entertaining elements to engage them with the message and the music. We highly encourage families to attend the Exploring Service Family Edition at 10:45 a.m.
The Equipping Service will continue to be verse-by-verse Bible teaching and worship music held at 9:15 a.m.
Please make a seating reservation for the Chapel or Church on the Terrace for every Sunday you plan to attend. Reservations will be available on Horizon's website and app every Sunday afternoon at approximately 4 p.m. for the following Sunday's services. To observe social distancing in the pews and between the chairs under the tent, our seating capacity is roughly 25% in both spaces. Reservations are required for everyone, including children.
If you'd prefer to be in the Chapel, but there are only seats available at Church on the Terrace when you register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513 272-5800 and we will place you on a waiting list for the Chapel. Or check with the Chapel Greeter when you arrive on Sunday and he/she will accommodate your request if there are open seats in the Chapel or in other air-conditioned spaces in the building.
Sunday, Aug. 16th
9:15 a.m. Equipping Service - Chapel
9:15 a.m. Equipping Service – Church on the Terrace
10:45 a.m. Exploring Service Family Edition - Chapel
10:45 a.m. Exploring Service Family Edition – Church on the Terrace
High school services are held in the Garage on the 2nd floor at 9:15 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. Please make a reservation for your high school student if they would like to attend this service.
9:15 a.m. High School Service - Garage (2nd Floor)
10:45 a.m. High School Service - Garage (2nd Floor)
Health and Safety
Horizon’s primary concern is the health and safety of our community. Our team has been hard at work cleaning the building thoroughly, consulting with local government officials and creating guidelines to ensure it is ready and safe for you, your family and friends to return. We request that you adhere to the following guidelines to help keep everyone safe and healthy:
- Please Wear a Mask While in the Horizon Building to Protect Yourself and Others. Horizon requires that you wear a mask while in the building and continue to wear it during services in the Chapel. If you prefer not to wear a mask, make a reservation at Church on the Terrace where masks are not required as long as 6 feet of social distancing is observed. If you are entering the tent on the Terrace through the building or coming back into the building for any reason (to use the restrooms, etc.), we also ask that you wear a mask. You may also enter the tent via the sidewalk. Refer to the Reopening FAQs for more details.
- Observe 6’ Social Distancing at All Times. 6’ social distancing is encouraged with nonfamily members in the Chapel, pews, throughout the building and outside. Please do not congregate in the Atrium, Chapel, Café or hallways before and after services.
- Safety First. Horizon will have masks available or you may wear your own. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building and outside. If you’d like to bring your own hand sanitizer or wipes, please do so.
- A Touchless Experience. Please, no handshakes, hugging, and fist or elbow bumping. Waves and smiles are encouraged!
- Bring Your Own Coffee. Our Café will be closed for now.
- Cleaning. All surfaces, door handles, pews, bathrooms, etc. will be cleaned frequently, including between services.
- Please Do Not Come to Church If You Are Sick. Out of respect for others, please do not come to church if you or anyone in your household is sick. If you have a fever of 100.4 or above, have had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days, have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, or have a compromised immune system, please watch our services at home online. Thank you!
Up-to-date information is always available on Horizon’s website, E-newsletter and Facebook page. If you do not receive our E-newsletter, at the bottom of this page you may sign up to receive it.
If you have any questions, please contact Horizon’s office at 513 272-5800 or email email@example.com. You may also refer to the Reopening FAQs attached below.
The Horizon Team is excited to welcome you back. We are all looking forward to seeing you soon!