Young Adult Pastor
About This Opportunity:
YOUNG ADULT PASTOR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- As part of Horizon’s Teaching Team, deeply teach the Word expositorily at Equipping Services
- From time to time, be available to teach at Exploring Services
- Assist in managing Horizon’s Equipping ministry
- Assist in the creation and planning of Pathway video and study materials to help deepen the Horizon community’s spiritual development
- Assist in managing the planning and production of Horizon services (including worship, creative and technical elements)
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer
DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Immersed in the Word
- Hungry to be mentored by experienced pastors and leaders to grow into a senior ministry leader
- Committed to making disciples through one-on-one relationships
- Hungry to be mentored by experienced pastors and leaders to grow into greater ministry leadership
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Relationally comfortable with leaders and professionals
- Proven ability to develop leaders through the teaching of the Word
- A model of personal integrity, Biblical maturity and commitment to purity
- A collaborative leadership style
- A humble and authentic disposition
- A strong commitment to excellence, both personally and professionally
- Models and encourages personal spiritual growth and a passion for spiritual multiplication
- Exudes a love for people, including the gifting of discernment
- Embraces the mission of Horizon Community Church
- The candidate’s own personal doctrine and beliefs should have an enthusiastic fit and agreement with the Statement of Beliefs and Teaching Doctrines of Horizon Community Church.
ABOUT HORIZON COMMUNITY CHURCH
Horizon is a growing church designed to reach leaders and professionals in the higher income suburbs of eastern Cincinnati. It has a scenic 70+ acre campus and enjoys weekly attendance of over 2,000.
At Horizon, we recognize that a spiritual journey is personal and unique. For that reason, we offer two distinctly different services:
- The Exploring Service (11 a.m. Sunday) is designed for those who are just beginning to investigate Christianity or who are recently returning to faith. The service addresses topical themes and spiritual questions relevant to everyday life such as "Who is God?" and "How can I accomplish a more meaningful and more enjoyable life?”
- The Equipping Service (8:30 a.m. & 9:45 a.m. Sunday) is designed for those who are maturing in their faith, featuring participatory worship music, Calvary Chapel-style expository verse-by-verse teaching focused on specific books of the Bible, and monthly communion. The goal is to equip Christ-followers for the work of the ministry of the church (Ephesians 4:12). It is also to purposefully role model and encourage a continuation of time with the Lord in worship and in His Word between weekends by getting alone with God and in fellowship with others.
Horizon also offers a variety of groups and study opportunities for people at all stages of their spiritual journey. The aim is to create comfortable environments where someone can explore at their own pace, free from pressure or expectations.