Student Ministry Pastor
About This Opportunity:
Student Ministry Pastor Role & Responsibilities
Horizon is looking for a spiritually mature and energetic person to serve as an integral member of our Student Ministry Team. The position is full-time and reports to the Family Ministry Director. Responsibilities include:
- Teaching the Bible through creative and engaging methods that speak to the unique hearts and minds of students
- Building authentic relationships with students and their families
- Creating an environment where students feel so welcome and have such a blast that they drag their parents out the door to Horizon each week
- Recruiting and leading a team of fun and committed volunteers to work with our students
Desired Skills & Characteristics
- Someone who loves to laugh with students
- Fun, outgoing and high energy
- Passion for working with students and the ability to build deep relationships with them
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Immersed in the Word
- A humble and authentic disposition
- Embraces the mission and doctrine of Horizon Community Church
Horizon Family Ministry Team & Mission
The Horizon Family Ministry Team of pastors, directors, volunteers, and leaders work together as one to help fulfill Horizon’s mission of helping families “Comfortably connect to God through the Bible and a community of growing Christ-followers.”
Horizon Community Church
A growing church designed to reach leaders and professionals in the higher income suburbs of eastern Cincinnati, the city with the most Fortune 500 companies per capita in the USA. In 2011, Horizon opened a beautiful new debt-free building on 75+ acres and today enjoys weekly in-person and digital attendance of 1,500-2,000.
At Horizon, we recognize that a spiritual journey is personal and unique. For that reason, we offer two distinctly different weekend services:
- The Exploring Service is designed for those who are just beginning to investigate faith or who are recently returning to faith. The service addresses topical themes and spiritual questions relevant to everyday life such as "Who is God?" and "What is life all about?", while also gently offering opportunities to connect with the Horizon community and explore more deeply throughout the week.
- The Equipping Service is designed for those who are maturing in their faith, featuring participatory worship music, times of prayer and reflection, monthly communion, and expository verse-by-verse teaching focused on specific books of the Bible. The goal is to equip Christ followers for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:12) and to encourage a continuation of time with the Lord in worship and in His Word between weekends by getting alone with God or in fellowship with others.
Bridging the two-service design is a robust community group offering with a variety of tailored formats from book clubs to deep Bible studies to global serving opportunities of all kinds. The goal is to create comfortable environments for people to engage with the Bible and explore at their own pace, from a slow exploration to a deep dive.
- Horizon Community Church
3950 Newtown Rd.
CIncinnati, OH 45244