About This Opportunity:
Production/Tech Role & Responsibilities
Horizon is looking for an individual who would like the opportunity to learn and grow as a core member of our Production/Tech Team. This position is designed as a training ground to develop and master a broad set of technical skills, with offers the opportunity for significant career growth over time. It is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Producer, and will work with all members (employees and volunteers) of the Creative/Production/Tech Team. Responsibilities include:
- Works with the Creative Team to brainstorm, develop and plan cutting edge Equipping and Exploring services and video productions.
- Work/operate state-of-the-art equipment, learning and mastering all technical positions it takes to run a service Including, but not limited to: Camera, light board, sound board, ProPresenter, running services/events from our Control Room as the Technical Director.
- Assists with set design and construction on the Chapel Stage and Video Studio.
- Learns and can operate all AV equipment in the building, including set-up and repair.
- Assist the Video director in multiple capacities in video pre-production, shoots, editing and post-production.
Desired Skills & Characteristics
- College degree. Theatre Design/Production is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and willingness to grow into a larger role
- Technology driven
- Thrives on creativity, brainstorming and idea generation
- Team player
To comfortably connect people to God through the Bible and a community of growing Christ-followers.
Challenging Leaders to Change the World
Horizon Community Church
A growing church designed to reach leaders and professionals in the higher income suburbs of eastern Cincinnati, the city with the most Fortune 500 companies per capita and ranked as the best city for new college grads in the USA. In 2011, Horizon opened a beautiful new debt-free building on 75+ acres and today enjoys weekly in-person and digital attendance of 1,500-2,000.
At Horizon, we recognize that a spiritual journey is personal and unique. For that reason, we offer two distinctly different weekend services:
- The Exploring Service is designed for those who are just beginning to investigate faith or who are recently returning to faith. The service addresses topical themes and spiritual questions relevant to everyday life such as "Who is God?" and "What is life all about?", while also gently offering opportunities to connect with the Horizon community and explore more deeply throughout the week.
- The Equipping Service is designed for those who are maturing in their faith, featuring participatory worship music, times of prayer and reflection, monthly communion, and expository verse-by-verse teaching focused on specific books of the Bible. The goal is to equip Christ followers for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:12) and to encourage a continuation of time with the Lord in worship and in His Word between weekends by getting alone with God or in fellowship with others.
Bridging the two-service design is a robust community group offering with a variety of tailored formats from book clubs to deep Bible studies to global serving opportunities of all kinds. The goal is to create comfortable environments for people to engage with the Bible and explore at their own pace, from a slow exploration to a deep dive.
- Horizon Community Church
3950 Newtown Rd.
CIncinnati, OH 45244