Middle School Pastor
About This Opportunity:
MIDDLE SCHOOL PASTOR
The Middle School Pastor (5th-6th) will work with the Family Ministry team to develop and oversee ministry programs that help 5th-6th grade students grow in their faith. This role will provide appealing and engaging experiences to connect with middle schoolers and encourage their spiritual development.
- Report to the Family Ministry Director
- Work with Family Ministry director to lead relevant middle school programming for Sunday mornings and midweek events.
- Lead and develop a healthy volunteer team to execute middle school ministry strategy.
- Oversee 30-35 midweek events per year including planning and coordinating all aspects.
- Create 3 service projects per year for middle school students.
- Lead a small group of 5th-8th grade students.
- Submit talk manuscripts 48 hours in advance of speaking.
- Participate in family ministry team meetings and events as assigned.
- Meet regularly with students' families and volunteers.
- Attend student events and activities.
- Pursue personal development through training and courses as suggested.
- Passion for ministering to and discipling middle school students
- Relational skills to connect with students, families, and volunteers
- Organizational skills to develop programs, lead teams, and manage events
- Communication skills for teaching, writing, and team collaboration
- Alignment with church mission and values
ABOUT HORIZON COMMUNITY CHURCH
Horizon is a growing church designed to reach leaders and professionals in the higher-income suburbs of eastern Cincinnati. It has a scenic 70+ acre campus and enjoys a weekly attendance of over 2,000. At Horizon, we recognize that a spiritual journey is personal and unique For that reason, we offer two distinctly different services:
- The Exploring Service (11 a.m. Sunday) is designed for those who are just beginning to investigate Christianity or who are recently returning to faith. The service addresses topical themes and spiritual questions relevant to everyday life such as "Who is God?" and "How can I accomplish a more meaningful and more enjoyable life?”
- The Equipping Service (8:30 a.m. & 9:45 a.m. Sunday) is designed for those who are maturing in their faith, featuring participatory worship music, Calvary Chapel-style expository verse-by-verse teaching focused on specific books of the Bible, and monthly communion. The goal is to equip Christ-followers for the work of the ministry of the church (Ephesians 4:12). It is also to purposefully role model and encourage a continuation of time with the Lord in worship and in His Word between weekends by getting alone with God and in fellowship with others.
Horizon also offers a variety of groups and study opportunities for people at all stages of their spiritual journey. The aim is to create comfortable environments where someone can explore at their own pace, free from pressure or expectations.