About This Opportunity:
Lighting Director Role and Responsibilities
Work with the Production/Tech Team at Horizon to run the stage/Chapel lights for 3 services held on Sundays. Services are held at 8:30 a.m., 9:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. Also participate in Sunday rehearsals which begin at 6:30 a.m. During the week, design and program lights for the upcoming Sunday services. Horizon holds two completely different services every Sunday which require different lighting design for each. Programming is done on an ETC Ion console. The Chapel/room has intelligent lighting with moving, LED fixtures. Must be a team player and willing to learn and accept critique and apply it. This position reports to the Executive Producer. An average of 10-15 a week (Sundays and one day during the week).
High school, vocational or college education focused on design and programing lighting for a stage/theater. Or 1-2 years-experience programming and running a lighting console for theater/events/concerts. Willing to learn an ETC Ion Console if no prior experience with this light board.
Desired Skills & Characteristics
- Creative and innovative
- Must be a team player
- Willing to learn and master new technology.
- Able to accept critique and apply it.
- Continually strives for excellence
To comfortably connect people to God through the Bible and a community of growing Christ-followers.
Challenging Leaders to Change the World
Horizon Community Church
A growing church designed to reach leaders and professionals in the higher income suburbs of eastern Cincinnati, the city with the most Fortune 500 companies per capita in the USA. In 2011, Horizon opened a beautiful new debt-free building on 75+ acres and today enjoys weekly in-person and digital attendance of 1,500-2,000.
At Horizon, we recognize that a spiritual journey is personal and unique. For that reason, we offer two distinctly different weekend services:
- The Exploring Service is designed for those who are just beginning to investigate faith or who are recently returning to faith. The service addresses topical themes and spiritual questions relevant to everyday life such as "Who is God?" and "What is life all about?", while also gently offering opportunities to connect with the Horizon community and explore more deeply throughout the week.
- The Equipping Service is designed for those who are maturing in their faith, featuring participatory worship music, times of prayer and reflection, monthly communion, and expository verse-by-verse teaching focused on specific books of the Bible. The goal is to equip Christ followers for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:12) and to encourage a continuation of time with the Lord in worship and in His Word between weekends by getting alone with God or in fellowship with others.
Bridging the two-service design is a robust community group offering with a variety of tailored formats from book clubs to deep Bible studies to global serving opportunities of all kinds. The goal is to create comfortable environments for people to engage with the Bible and explore at their own pace, from a slow exploration to a deep dive.
- Horizon Community Church
3950 Newtown Rd.
CIncinnati, OH 45244