About This Opportunity:
Support the mission and vision of Horizon by providing dependable, safe, secure, loving, and nurturing care to children. This position is 3 hours weekly on Thursdays with availability for Wednesday Evenings and an occasional Saturday
- Work with the Connections Coordinator for ongoing training and development.
- Work with facilities team to provide a clean, and sanitary environment.
- Perform check-in, and checkout procedures communicating with parents.
- Be polite, friendly, welcoming, and courteous when greeting parents and children.
- Ensure children are well cared for in a loving environment.
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Greet parents returning for children, brief them on their child’s experience, and sign them out appropriately.
- Work with the Connections Coordinator to communicate with parents proactively to resolve any issues or problems related to the care of their children.
- Efficiently use supplies and notify the Connections Coordinator of items that need to be purchased.
- Provide age-appropriate care, which may include: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, and holding or sitting with children.
- Actively and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, and play.
To comfortably connect people to God through the Bible and a community of growing Christ-followers.
We believe that the Bible is the guiding force for good decision-making. Our marriages, our families, and ultimately our eternities can be better when we understand it deeply. God has invited us to be part of a community that fosters growing closer to Him, becoming stronger in faith, and seeing His values and His purpose take hold in our lives.
"Challenging Leaders to Change the World"
God can raise everyone to lead something or to lead someone. Imagine the impact of what God might do if He grabbed the hearts of the leaders of leaders, decision makers, and professionals who live in the community. Imagine the changes that could occur around the world through God’s use of their lives, social and professional influence, financial resources and visionary spirit. Imagine the impact these leaders of leaders could have on physical and spiritual poverty and the cause of Christ throughout the U.S. and beyond.
HORIZON’S MOTTO - “YOURS TO EXPLORE”
That motto is what Horizon Community Church is all about, and in that spirit, we offer two different styles of services each Sunday in recognition that everyone is at a different place in their journey.
For additional information visit www.horizoncc.com
Pay Rate: $16.00/Hour
- Reliable and responsive to email, text, and voice communication.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Positive, helpful attitude and enthusiasm for Horizon’s mission and vision.
- Love of children and their families.
- Experience in caring for children.
- Work effectively communicating with Horizon attendees and the Horizon team.
- Understand and maintain confidential information as it pertains to childcare.
- Demonstrate competence in making decisions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in interpersonal relationships and communication.
- Support the mission, vision, and doctrine of Horizon Community Church
- Work as a team player.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours that include working evenings and weekends as required.
- Pass Horizon specified background checks as deemed necessary when working with children and/or youth.
- Trained in CPR, First Aid, emergency procedures, and childcare duties.
- Able to lift 30 pounds
Expected hours: 4 – 20 per week
Schedule: Day shift, Evening shift, Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate: Cincinnati, OH 45244: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Application Question(s): We value caregivers who are familiar with and supportive of our mission and values. Please share if you currently attend Horizon Community Church or are acquainted with anyone who does.
Experience: Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
Shift availability: Night Shift (Preferred), Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: In person