Wednesday Night Groups
High School Wednesday Night Groups will meet weekly at Horizon and other local venues for a casual time spent together. It’s an opportunity to connect with friends, share a meal and talk about life. This is also an opportunity to assist in the development of students’ leadership skills as they will soon be embarking into their college years, their first careers and adulthood.
Drop-off at Horizon is 7 p.m. and pick-up at Horizon is 9 p.m. Transportation to those events that are not at Horizon will be provided.
On Wednesday nights students will eat dinner together and participate in various events and activities. While each weekly gathering is different and uniquely designed, the group will typically always meet from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., with drop-off and pick-up being at Horizon. The typical monthly schedule is listed below:
1st Wednesday of the Month
• DEV Group: Horizon is committed to not only fostering students’ spiritual lives but also strengthening their leadership skills as they develop into adults. On DEV Group Wednesday Nights, students will enjoy a talk given by various leaders who attend Horizon and are experts in their fields. Speakers will share their unique stories, advice and tips they have for high school students and how their lives have been impacted by their faith. Topics include: money, leadership, entrepreneurship, college and more. Parents are welcome to attend.
2nd Wednesday of the Month
• Out on the Town: Join in the fun while the group visits various venues throughout the Cincinnati area, and participates in activities such as scavenger hunts, bonfires, progressive dinners, festivals and more.
3rd Wednesday of the Month
• Connect Groups: Hang out at Horizon and enjoy dinner with the group. The large group will then break into smaller Connect Groups designed to deepen relationships with other students who possess similar interests and skills. Connect Groups include: Creative, Music, Drama, Tech and People. Students may have a passion to participate in one of these Connect Groups, or a few. A Student Ministry Leader can also help students determine which Connect Group best fits their interests.
4th Wednesday of the Month
• Serve Cincy: Students participate in various serving opportunities in the local Cincinnati area. They will be serving at organizations such as: Inter Parish Ministry, La Soupe, City Gospel Mission, Bright Star Baptist, and more.
5th Wednesday of the Month (if there is one)
• Parties: Come and enjoy the fun and hang out with friends while celebrating a holiday, Super Bowl and more.